Total Pageviews

Monday, August 23, 2010

Fw: Disabled Parking Permits

 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: Disabled Parking Permits

Dear Tom,

 

Further to my letter sent to you yesterday evening – I have made some further enquiries on this matter, and the situation is that the Disabled Parking Permit scheme operates under EU regulations and is valid in all European Union States.

 

With regard to disabled parking at Knock Airport – I have been in contact with the Airport and am told if you go to Customer Services or indeed Security they will photocopy your disc which can then be left on your car while you are away and you can bring your original disc with you.

 

I hope this information is helpful to you and if you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.  I am also attaching a copy of the European Parliament Regulation concerning the rights of disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility when travelling by air for your information.  I have written to Dublin/Cork/Shannon/Galway/Donegal and Sligo Airports to ask what services are to be put in place to meet these requirements when this legislation comes into force in July 2008.  I will keep you informed of their replies.

 

 

Yours sincerely

 

 

Marian Harkin

MEP

 


No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.3/1393 - Release Date: 23/04/2008 08:12

No comments: