Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 15, 2008



Mr. Simon Wall
Architect
Civic Centre
Altamont Street
Westport
Co. Mayo 15th April 2004.
Dear Simon,
I refer to the proposed Disabled Parking Bays in Bridge St. Westport.
Regarding the one outside Stanley’s Pharmacy I spoke to the proprietor on the 14th April 2004 about having the kerb dropped to afficilicate a bay outside their premises and she was all in favour of it.
I had a look at other areas. There is a dropped kerb between Kate McCormack @ Sons and John O’Grady Gifts I feel the dropped kerb could be extended an extra 2000mm to provide a Disabled Parking Bay.
I feel the same could be achieved between Mulloys Bar and the Porter House Bar.
Regarding the Parking Bay on James Street I was informed that it would be removed shortly. If the kerb was also dropped, the crossing at the end of the street could serve the Pharmacy on the opposite side of the street.
We spoke about the footpath from Mill Street to Bridge Street and I checked it out on the 14th April. It was raining heavy at the time and I could not manoeuvre the particular area unaided and something would need to be done, as the fall is less than the recommended gradient of 1 to 20 inches.
I had a call from an Ms Butler regarding Parking for the Disabled. She really wanted a bay where it suited her and she was under the impression that as she had a parking badge she was entitled to such bays all over the town. Hopefully I put her right a to what she wanted and what she was entitled too.
I await a reply.

Kindest Regards

…………………
Tom Chambers,
"The Billy Ranch"
Knocknageeha,
Newport,
Co. Mayo,
Access Officer for PwDI,
Mayo Network.

No comments: