Total Pageviews

Monday, April 14, 2008

letter to Dunnes stores

The General Manager
Dunnes Stores
Market Square
Castlebar
Co Mayo
3/3/08
Dear Sir
I wish to bring to your attention my recent shopping experience in your store
I have been shopping for many years in castle bar and have had no specific problems with access I am myself in a wheelchair for 27 years.
Recently I have had problems with your wheelchair user shopper trolleys
For the last 2years I have on many occasions been unable to access a trolley and have reported it to the staff they have usually the same excuse that its probably at the other entrance
Then if and when they find it is broken !!
Two weeks ago on Sunday I was shopping only again to find no trolley and when I asked staff about it I was told it had been stolen
I would request that disabled users trolleys are kept at both entrances
As is the case with able bodied shoppers and why should Mobility impaired shoppers be disadvantaged?
As for your security of trolleys why not keep them locked ?
I look forward to a reply from you and a satisfactory outcome
Yours sincerely
Tom Chambers
Disability Campaigner
“The Billy Ranch”
Knocknageeha
Newport
Co Mayo

No comments: