Total Pageviews

Monday, April 14, 2008

Apeal for new scales for weighing wheelchair users

The Billyranch
Newport
Mayo

Mr Frank Murray
Castlebar Hospital


31 Jan 2007

Dear Mr Murray

I am writing to you in relation to the weighing scales which are used to weigh wheelchair bound persons such as myself at the hospital. These scales are now eight years old.

On the 3rd November 2006 the scales took 15 minutes to be brought down from the wards where they were being used to lift patients in and out of bed.

There were wires hanging out of it and it did not work and none of the staff knew what to do. I had travelled from Newport especially to be weighed and others had travelled from further afield.

I campaigned to have this machine purchased in 1998 because up until then I used to weigh myself at Westport Train Station. It would be a shame if I have to go back to that again.

Please purchase a new machine immediately.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Tom Chambers

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.432 / Virus Database: 268.17.18/662 - Release Date: 31/01/07 15:16

No comments: