Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fw: Complaint

 
 
From: IE Access
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 3:48 PM
Subject: RE: Complaint
 

Hi Tom,

 

I have forwarded your complaint to the Station Manager and will be in touch when it has been investigated.

 

Regards

Melanie

 

From: thomaschambers@eircom.net [mailto:thomaschambers@eircom.net]
Sent: 28 May 2012 16:21
To: IE Access
Subject: Complaint

 

Letter of Complaint

I wish to make an official complaint about the customer service at the Heuston train station in Dublin and the train service from

Westport to Dublin. I find the service hard and sometimes inadequate for people with reduced mobility and have complained about

this before and was told that it would be dealt with.

The customer service staff told my PA to push me down and into the train on the 23/04/12 at 6.30 train from Dublin to Westport.

When I objected for her to do it, he angrily pushed me into the train. If the door opposite was open, I would have been pushed across it.

On the 11/05/12, the 7.15 am train servicing Westport to Dublin, one of the wheelchair spaces was taken over by the train canteen

table and passengers buggy was stationed on the space. See attached photograph.

One of the staff at the customer service desk at Heuston station was very aggressive to me and my PA when we went to ask for

someone to help me into the train. He didn't even want to listen to us but only said there is only one staff available and walked

away from us. I felt really bad because I wasn't shown any form of respect or courtesy by the customer service officer.

His actions were totally unacceptable and I believe that issues like this should be dealt appropriately.

I had a problem getting out from the train at Heuston train station even though I was advised that there will be someone to put out the ramp. Finally, a fellow came to help out on his own not really his duty to do so. I travelled at 7.15 am from Westport to Dublin that morning.

A passenger also occupied the wheelchair table and was very reluctant to move. He rather wasted some minutes before he finally

stood up after much talking and explanations.

 

 

Yours sincerely,


Irish Rail, a Limited Company Registered in Ireland at Connolly Station, Dublin 1 No.119571
Iarnrod Eireann, Cuideachta Theoranta Claraithe in Eirinn ag Staisiun Ui Chonghaile, Baile Atha Cliath 1
T +353 1 836 3333 F +353 1 836 4760 E info@irishrail.ie W www.irishrail.ie




No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2425/5034 - Release Date: 05/30/12

No comments: