Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 18, 2013

mattress

To whom it concerns:

I wish to complain about the following:

 

When I went  on Holidays from the 8th august 2012 – 16th  I give my district Nurse  Mary to take away my Quarto Plus  mattress and have it back when I returned. What I received on return was not the same mattress. The Company in question Homecare Medical sent out 2 mattresses on the 21st Nov. 2012 and was totally unsuitable for me.

I was discharged from University Hospital Galway on the 7th June 2013 as the staff there were informed that an accessible mattress was delivered to my house but unfortunately that was not so. On the 26th June I got a phone call from the manager of the community stores in castlebar informing that a mattress was in Kildare and should be delivered in 2 weeks to me. I asked him was it the one I requested and he said " trust me Tom as I know the type of mattress you want" but it was eventually delivered from Dublin but refused it as the mattress was too small as the pillows were falling down on the floor.

On the 30th July my district nurse and Lynne the OT arrived with a mattress and that also was too small but I agreed to take it on condition they look for a correct size. They informed me that those mattresses are not been made and gave me a phone number of the company that makes them. I rang the company Talley Medical at 014596585 and spoke to the company rep who informed me that their company WILL make a mattress if they get permission from HSE. I passed on an email I received from the rep to the OT as the district nurse's email is always not working when I ask her for hers. The OT informed me by email that she would be in Newport on the following Tuesday but despite sending her emails I received from the rep no contact has come from her and what I have at the moment is a mattress that I have to jam with a box of continent sheets at the bottom and a few blankets at the top to stop the pillows from falling. Is that the way to treat the most vulnerable in society?

 

Is it the policy of Homecare Medical to take away aids and appliances for repairs and fail to return them and nobody in the HSE seem to have any records as to where they are gone?

 

Regards

 

Thomas Chambers
Access Campaigner
The Billy Ranch
Newport

Mayo

No comments: