Total Pageviews

Monday, November 07, 2011

Complains about train


Dear Minister,

I wish to bring to your attention the improper use of priority seats in the train as I am confined to the wheelchair myself.

I was brought down to the front of the train going to Westport on 2nd November at 6.30pm by a staff member.

I was left outside for about 5 minutes because I could not get access to the priority seats because one side of it had two children buggies and suitcases placed in it and the other side had the shopping trolley in it.

I asked questions and was told that the trolley could be kept there if not occupied by a wheelchair user even though the signs says it should be kept clear. With the disabled logo on both sides, I believe it should allow for two wheelchair users but this was so.

As I was getting no satisfaction, I asked for somebody with authority and a member of staff told me he was going to get the management and nobody showed up, I find this insulting and feel it is bad for disabled people to be treated in this manner and especially when you and your government are trying to promote tourism.

The whole area including the disable Logo which reads “we welcome passengers with special needs and we comply with the Equal Status Act” and the emergency button was totally blocked.

Photos are enclosed of problem area.

Looking forward to your reply.

Yours Sincerely,

Thomas Chambers
Access Campaigner
The Billy Ranch
Newport
Mayo

EMAIL: thomaschambers@eircom.net

www.thomaschambers.blogspot.com

086 3552047
098 41545

No comments: