Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Fw: Some info for you

 
 
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 3:20 PM
Subject: Some info for you
 

Hello Tom,

 

Hope your visit to MGH went well today Tom.I'm e-mailing you some info that I was going to discuss with you had our visit taken place today.

 

1-       you may remember that we have previously discussed how a bed which you could lower to exactly the same height as your wheelchair would improve your transfers on and off it. The issue has always been finding a bed that your current cot sides would fit onto.I think I  have now found a bed that will go as low as you need and fit your current cot sides.I'd like to come along and take some measurements with you to ensure we choose the right bed.

 

2-Re: your pressure cushion. Ideally it would be best if you were to go back to using your Vicair cushion indoors,as this will give you more protection than the Jay cushion.

 

If you want to look at your needs re: a cushion again we could do this on my next visit.I have some information re; another air cushion – an ATMOS air cushion which you may want to look at.

 

You have raised with me in the past that you feel the gel in your current Jay cushion is firmer than the gel you had in your previous Jay cushion. I contacted the supplier who says they think this is just down to it being new.The fact remains that this is no longer the best cushion for you.

 

I have ordered a 2'' Pudgee cushion which you may find useful for travelling whilst driving your car.

 

If you are available I'd like to come and see you next Tuesday 25th Feb with Fidelma Mullarkey PHN to discuss the above points.I'd be grateful if you'd let me know if this is suitable for you.

 

Regards,

 

Lynne Horan OT

094 9049224

 

 

No comments: