Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Fw: draft letter to county council

 
 
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 3:39 PM
Subject: draft letter to county council
 

Hi Tom, see below contents of letter as drafted today.

I am writing to you with regard to a number of issues as follows-

1.      On March 12th 2011, the Clerk of Works for the Belmullet area, Mr. Tony Gallagher, wrote a report on the condition of my house. I was to be given a copy of the report bur have not received it so far even though I have requested it a couple of times.

2.      Since then the condition of the house has deteriorated, for example more cracks have appeared and plaster and paint bits have fallen off in every room in the house. It is very depressing to live in this environment.

3.      The heating was serviced in 2012 and since then I have had continuous problems with it for example it regularly gets air locked and this means that there is no heat from it until the boiler is bled. I am not able to do this myself, being a paraplegic T7 complete.

·        The problem escalated in the first week in January this year when one of my home helps turned on the heat, water started to seep through the ceiling in the hallway. The home help took it up with her boss as a health and safety issue. A plumber came out and went into the attic and he reported to me that there was a bend in the overflow pipe and he said that he had fixed that and the problem was solved. He bled the boiler and got the heat going.

·        On Jnaury 14th the water started to come through the ceiling again when the heat was turned on.

·        I rang John Friel, the maintenance man from Mayo Co Co. He went into the attic and he said that he had to order a new tank and he stopped the flow of water onto the ceiling.

·        On January 27th John returned and replaced the tank and said that there should be no further problems.  He got the heating going again.

·        On February 3rd the water came again through the ceiling so John returned and he went into the attic and said that he cut a piece of pipe and started the heat again. Each time he had to bleed the boiler to get the heat going.

·        On Feb 15th I again had no heat, it just would not turn on, and so a private plumber was sent by the county council. He replaced a pump in the boiler and the starter and got the heat going.

·        On Feb 17th the plumber had to come back again to get the heat going. At this stage I was fed up and didn't bother to ask him what he had done.

 

·        On Feb 19th I had to get him back again because I had no heat. I plucked up the courage to ask him what was wrong this time and he said it was a fuse.  He put a timer on the wall beside the boiler and he set it to run for the next hour, then to go off for an hour and then to come back on. I explained to him that the location of the timer was not suitable for a wheelchair user, as I could not reach it from my wheelchair and would have to get help to set it. The home help tried to set it but did not know how.  

I feel that the whole heating system needs to be renewed or replaced as soon as possible. Can you please arrange to have this done?

Can you also send me a copy of the report that was done in 2011.

I anxiously await your response.

Yours Sincerely,

 

_________________________

Tom Chambers

P Before you print think about the ENVIRONMENT

********************************************************************

This e-mail is confidential and may contain information that is sent
in confidence.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail
or have received it in error, do not disclose its content to anyone. 
Please contact the sender immediately.

This e-mail has been automatically scanned for viruses and content
by MailMarshal

*********************************************************************

WWW -: http://www.citizensinformationboard.ie
Tel -: 0761 07 9000
Fax -: (01) 605 9099

No comments: