Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 25, 2007

(no subject)

Mr Tom Chambers
The Billy Ranch
Newport
Co. Mayo
Mr Ger Hynes
Assistant Engineer
Mayo County Council
12 August 2006
Urgent, re: Newport Disabled Parking.
Reference your letter 11th November 2005
Dear Mr Hynes,
I am writing to you to ask you to urgently clarify the situation in
Newport with regard to the new traffic plans and layout of the disabled
bays and to contact me immediately so that we can review the plans
together as promised.
In your letter of 11th November 2005 (copy enclosed) you assured me that
"When this draft plan is ready we will inform you and we can look at the
locations etc set out in this." I was very disappointed to learn that
the plan has already gone ahead for enactment without your coming back
to me.
When I phoned your office I spoke to a Mark Horgan who informed me that
you were out working and he referred me on to Martin Keating. I have not
yet contacted Mr Keating because I wanted to clarify the situation with
you first before contacting him and others.
Mr Horgan informed me that I needed to have made a submission as a
member of the public to comment on the plan. When I explained the
situation to him he said that there was no record of your letter to me.
Fortunately I have made a number of copies and you will find one enclosed.
I must ask you to urgently contact me today before I am forced to take
this matter up with Mr Keating, Mr Des Mahon, the local media and the
councillors. I would also be obliged to raise the issue with the
Council's access officer, disability groups and other relevant bodies;
should I not receive a satisfactory reply.
I look forward to a mutually satisfactory resolution to this problem, as
I am sure that even at this late stage we can work together to ensure
this project is fully accessible and that, through going over the plans
with me, real consultation can have taken place especially considering
Newport is my home town and I have first hand experience of the access
issues in the town.
I look forward to your reply.
Yours sincerely
Tom Chambers

No comments: