Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tom's letter of protest handed to Bertie

Mr Bertie Ahern T.D.
An Taoiseach
Department of the Taoiseach
Upper Merrion Street
DUBLIN 2

Friday, 07 September ‘02

Dear Taoiseach,
I am writing to you to complain about the state of the medical services in this county.
I myself am wheelchair bound. I this morning, rang Mayo General Hospital in Castlebar, County Mayo.
I asked to speak to my Community Care Dietician, to be to told that there is no longer a dietician working out of the hospital.
Also, I find it very difficult to get six weeks physiotherapy, something that is essential to the likes of myself. I find it difficult to get the treatment and care that I require.
The country is awash with money. Your spokespersons are advising that everything is wonderful, the economy is booming we are not short of nothing. Yet, when a person, such as myself, go looking for the most basic of services in hospitals etc., we are never able to get them.
Taoiseach, I am submitting this letter of protest to explain, that I, as a member of the general public am very dissatisfied with the level of service available, and am appalled at the way that persons in my position are treated.
Yours sincerely,
Tom Chambers.
"The Billy Ranch"
Knocknageeha
Newport
Co. Mayo

No comments: