Total Pageviews

Friday, December 28, 2012

Fw: Letter of Complaint

 
 
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2012 2:33 AM
Subject: Letter of Complaint
 

Letter of Complaint
 
On the 13th of December 2012, I went up to Dublin from Westport with 7.15am train. I wish to report on the incident that occurred in the said train.  I had to get a staff member of the Irish Rails to accompany me to the toilet because the train was jam-packed.  The woman on the other side of me, who had an electric wheelchair also couldn't get to the toilet because of too many people on the hallway and a buggy right behind her.  On the other corner, a man, his wife and their two daughters blocked the space reserved for wheelchair users.  As though the above wasn't enough, a man was sat on my table from Athlone to Dublin.
 
On my way back from the above trip, another man used his baby buggy to block the space reserved for wheelchair users.
 
The above situation is not only bad but also despicable, as it does not demonstrate any respect for people with disability.  I suppose the above situation should be thoroughly investigated and be made to stop forthwith, as the space for people with disability should be left exclusively for them not to taken or occupied by able bodied persons.
 
Kind regards,
 
Tom Chambers
(Access Campaign Officer)
Newport, Co-Mayo
 

No comments: