Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Welcome from Jerry Cowley General Election Candidate for Mayo

Welcome from Jerry Cowley General Election Candidate for Mayo

Eamon and Jerry at Press Conference

Thank you for taking the time to visit my web pages. Some people may be familiar with my long and impressive track record as a campaigner on a range of community issues in Mayo and as an effective and energetic representative of the county in the Dail in the period between 2002 and 2007.

In April 2010, I joined the Labour Party, this is a significant step for me personally and it is a step that I hope will contribute to the expansion and development of the Labour Party in the West of Ireland.

I am proud of what I managed to achieve for the people of Mayo as a TD between 2002 and 2007, but the experience also conveyed to me the limits of what an Independent could do. I am convinced that the Labour Party will be in government after the next election and I want to see a Labour TD returned for Mayo to be part of Eamon Gilmore's team.

I have greatly admired Eamon Gilmore's approach since he was elected Leader of the Labour Party. I have been impressed by his determination to expand the Labour Party in the West of Ireland. As a native of this region, he understands the concerns and values of the people of the West of Ireland.

I look forward to working with Labour to bring about the change of government that is now so essential for national recovery.

Regards

Jerry

Latest Local News

No comments: