Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 27, 2009

IS WESTPORT TOWN SAFE TO VISIT????

On the 26th September 2009 while in Westport I decided to have a drink in the “West Bar” in Bridge Street a bar that I have known to have an occasional drink since 1982 while visiting the town.

At approximately 3pm that day I ordered a pint of beer from a barman. He half-filled the glass with drink when the barrel went dry so he tried to top it up with beer straight from a fresh barrel and handed it out to me and as I felt it was not filled properly I refused the pint.

Another man who I believe was the owner said “Give me the drink and I will sort him out” and they both were muttering with their backs to me. He slapped the drink on the counter and grabbed 4 euros I had left on the counter and gave back the change.

I tasted the drink and it smelled very sour and said so to him. It was then he grabbed the pint and tipped in into the sink. Turned to me and said “Get to Fuck out of here and take your sour puss with you”

I took a deep breath and wheeled my wheelchair out the door disgusted and angry and been approximately 70 years of age I ask you is the town of Westport SAFE especially after a member of the Garda stabbed a few weeks ago.

No comments: