Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mr Enda Kenny TD
Constituency Office
Tucker Street
Castlebar
Co Mayo
18/6/08
Dear Enda
I welcome the article that was published in the Insight Magazine, May-June issue (Kenny concerned over access in Castlebar) regarding footpath obstructions for the accessibility for all .

In 1982 when your party was in power you were among a group of Cllrs, architects, engineers, the press, myself and one other wheelchair user took part in a fact finding mission on access in Castlebar town that was 26 years ago !! And despite much talk nothing has changed except more cars more obstructions.
So I am wondering after 26 years what exactly your campaign will cover and what your objectives are .I would be happy to consult with you on issues that affect wheelchair users and people with all disabilities’
I have being actively trying to raise awareness on these issues myself on an ongoing basis but to no real effect. therefore I feel that people with disabilities should be included in all decision making that affects us.

Looking forward to hearing from you.


----------------
Tom Chambers

No comments: